"Excellent!" Saryf smiled. The idea of having an alchemist on the team was something the team had dreamed of for some time. That aside, Xavier had good energy and was a clear good fit.
"We're not racing tonight, so if you can make the time, visiting us either this evening or in the morning could ...
Search found 60 matches
- Fri Jan 02, 2026 6:11 pm
- Forum: Turn of Phrase
- Topic: Chapter 1
- Replies: 44
- Views: 52164
- Thu Dec 18, 2025 6:31 pm
- Forum: Turn of Phrase
- Topic: Chapter 1
- Replies: 44
- Views: 52164
Re: Chapter 1
Saryf smiled warmly. "See, now that's exactly what makes me so confident that you're a good fit for us. I don't know you that well, but you're already thinking about the safety of everyone involved. I like that."
Clearly, this was a very kind-hearted individual, someone who cares deeply about what ...
Clearly, this was a very kind-hearted individual, someone who cares deeply about what ...
- Mon Dec 15, 2025 7:47 pm
- Forum: Turn of Phrase
- Topic: Chapter 1
- Replies: 44
- Views: 52164
Re: Chapter 1
"Oh! Of course! You'd meet the team first; I won't throw you into things blind!" Saryf gave a playful laugh. "Besides, if you want to join then you'll be a full team member. You'd absolutely have to meet everyone, we wouldn't keep you out of the loop except for race days or anything like that ...
- Mon Oct 06, 2025 4:25 pm
- Forum: Turn of Phrase
- Topic: Chapter 1
- Replies: 44
- Views: 52164
Re: Chapter 1
"Um... I... suppose? I could..." Saryf pondered the question for a moment, searching for the intention behind the question. "I would certainly be there with you, we're a team; after all. Is there... something specific to me about the potion making?"
- Tue Aug 19, 2025 10:11 pm
- Forum: Turn of Phrase
- Topic: Chapter 1
- Replies: 44
- Views: 52164
Re: Chapter 1
Saryf giggled. He found Xavier's interest endearing. "I've driven a few times, but typically no. Syd is our driver for now; though when anything happens that prevents him from driving, our team pulls together for whoever we think the next best driver will be. I do all right, when I cover; but I'm no ...
- Tue Aug 19, 2025 9:26 pm
- Forum: Space Prison Break
- Topic: Part 2: Hatched!
- Replies: 25
- Views: 10784
Re: Part 2: Hatched!
"Mhmm, mhmm." Anya nodded along to XJ's answers. When she finished, Anya giggled, "Okay, but where do I get some blue drink, XJ?" Anya flashed a cheesy grin at her companions.
"That means," Dolly said, "There are at least twenty-one guards. That's a lot." Dolly spoke softly.
Anya dropped the ...
"That means," Dolly said, "There are at least twenty-one guards. That's a lot." Dolly spoke softly.
Anya dropped the ...
- Fri Jul 18, 2025 6:14 pm
- Forum: Turn of Phrase
- Topic: Chapter 1
- Replies: 44
- Views: 52164
Re: Chapter 1
"Hmmmm... Well, in the official races for the Pharaoh, no brewing is allowed beyond what the court brews for healing injuries and the like. But the night races are no-rules... That's what makes them exciting and why folks like betting on them. Well, close to no-rules. Nothing expressly illegal is ...
- Fri Jul 18, 2025 5:44 pm
- Forum: Space Prison Break
- Topic: Part 2: Hatched!
- Replies: 25
- Views: 10784
Re: Part 2: Hatched!
There was something in XJ's wink that Anya couldn't quite place. On the surface it seemed like a nod to the grand joke that Anya perceived XJ to be making, but there was something else there. A conviction. Could XJ be trying to say something concrete behind the joke? But what could it be?
"All ...
"All ...
- Wed Jul 16, 2025 6:53 pm
- Forum: Turn of Phrase
- Topic: Chapter 1
- Replies: 44
- Views: 52164
Re: Chapter 1
Saryf grinned widely, the flattery of the request sending joy bursting through his expression. He giggled with Xavier briefly.
"Well, as I had said, we could certainly use a brewer on our team. It can be exciting at times, very much so. At times we do leave the city, go compete in other places. It ...
"Well, as I had said, we could certainly use a brewer on our team. It can be exciting at times, very much so. At times we do leave the city, go compete in other places. It ...
- Tue Jul 08, 2025 6:32 pm
- Forum: Turn of Phrase
- Topic: Chapter 1
- Replies: 44
- Views: 52164
Re: Chapter 1
"Mmhmm. Magical indeed." Saryf rolled his shoulders a bit, smiling. "You've got me more loose than a jackal in a prairie. Thanks for that. I do wonder about you finding something in service of yourself, though. You deserve it. What would be your desire? What might that look like?" Saryf searched ...