Search found 10 matches
- Sat May 18, 2024 11:52 pm
- Forum: Space Prison Break
- Topic: Part 2: Hatched!
- Replies: 25
- Views: 10784
Re: Part 2: Hatched!
And then Gerald came waltzing in. Undermining Hamish's command and addressing the inmates in an altogether too friendly manner. Echo's of Mrs. Fischman's scornful, "Tsk!" rang in his mind. She'd give it out to neighborhood kids behaving foolishly or disrespectfully. Hamish thought Gerald was doing ...
- Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:32 pm
- Forum: Space Prison Break
- Topic: Part 2: Hatched!
- Replies: 25
- Views: 10784
Re: Part 2: Hatched!
Hamish scanned the room, his attention roaming from group to group and to the voids between them. He found it interesting how colorful the inmates always seemed at meal-time, despite the unforms. They didn't seem that way in the work rooms; just cogs in the machine there. Maybe something to do with ...
- Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:37 am
- Forum: Space Prison Break
- Topic: Part 2: Hatched!
- Replies: 25
- Views: 10784
Re: Part 2: Hatched!
The first inmates of the next shift began filtering into the cafeteria. Bedraggled and bleary, they shuffled into lines at each food dispenser.
Hamish stood in a mildly slouched military rest at the opposite end of the room, scowling. From here he could observe the seating, the machines, and the ...
Hamish stood in a mildly slouched military rest at the opposite end of the room, scowling. From here he could observe the seating, the machines, and the ...
- Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:50 am
- Forum: Space Prison Break
- Topic: Part 1: Arrested!
- Replies: 45
- Views: 7590
Re: Part 1: Arrested!
The two inmates jumped apart at his barked order, clearly startled, and very satisfyingly compliant. His grip on the railing eased, the other remaining on the hilt of his baton, conveying a subtle sense of security. It appeared he would not be vaulting onto the work floor today. Which, as fantastic ...
- Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:35 am
- Forum: Space Prison Break
- Topic: Part 1: Arrested!
- Replies: 45
- Views: 7590
Re: Part 1: Arrested!
A roaring Hawhaaauffuuu echoed from the guard station behind Hamish, drawing his attention. He checked over his shoulder to find Karen recovering from a sneeze. She had buried her nose in a tissue now, eyes puffy and red and gooey. Likely she'd taken an alert that had to do with a hybrid recently ...
- Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:11 pm
- Forum: Meta
- Topic: Plotting and Planning
- Replies: 18
- Views: 9283
Re: Plotting and Planning
I think top/outer level(s) devoted to plants, and lower/inner levels devoted to mining makes sense to me. That puts the mining operations closest to where the materials will come in/out.
So working from the inside out:
Mining/Processing operations
Inmate habitat
Guard habitat, admin offices ...
So working from the inside out:
Mining/Processing operations
Inmate habitat
Guard habitat, admin offices ...
- Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:23 am
- Forum: Meta
- Topic: Plotting and Planning
- Replies: 18
- Views: 9283
Re: Plotting and Planning
Description of Hamish:
If you picture David Madsen you'll be pretty on target
Anglo Saxon type white dude
Brown hair
Moustache, kinda bushy
jar head haircut
5' 10" or so
Medium to slender build
Brown eyes
Mid/late 20's
Wears a guard uniform with combat boots. I'm comfortable not defining ...
If you picture David Madsen you'll be pretty on target
Anglo Saxon type white dude
Brown hair
Moustache, kinda bushy
jar head haircut
5' 10" or so
Medium to slender build
Brown eyes
Mid/late 20's
Wears a guard uniform with combat boots. I'm comfortable not defining ...
- Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:02 am
- Forum: Space Prison Break
- Topic: Part 1: Arrested!
- Replies: 45
- Views: 7590
Re: Part 1: Arrested!
OOC: few things
This turned into a whopper once Andra suggested describing the room. If I went overboard or details don't align with vision, I can chop them.
I tried to carry on the idea that they've designed this station to expressly use very little mining automation and use inmate labor for ...
This turned into a whopper once Andra suggested describing the room. If I went overboard or details don't align with vision, I can chop them.
I tried to carry on the idea that they've designed this station to expressly use very little mining automation and use inmate labor for ...
- Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:59 am
- Forum: Meta
- Topic: Plotting and Planning
- Replies: 18
- Views: 9283
Re: Plotting and Planning
Ok so to recap some of my understanding:
Multiple cell blocks - I was going to recap Auryn's description of what a cell block looks like but I'm having trouble working out how to picture it from the description. I take it each cell block has it's own automated cafeteria?, and there are corridors ...
Multiple cell blocks - I was going to recap Auryn's description of what a cell block looks like but I'm having trouble working out how to picture it from the description. I take it each cell block has it's own automated cafeteria?, and there are corridors ...
- Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:45 pm
- Forum: Meta
- Topic: Plotting and Planning
- Replies: 18
- Views: 9283
Re: Plotting and Planning
Couple of questions.
I had anticipated cell blocks, like a usual prison and based on the meta thread. At first when you read Auryn's recent post I worried the description didn't match but I think it could match. Auryn said "Three sides of this level" so I wonder if the cell blocks occupy their ...
I had anticipated cell blocks, like a usual prison and based on the meta thread. At first when you read Auryn's recent post I worried the description didn't match but I think it could match. Auryn said "Three sides of this level" so I wonder if the cell blocks occupy their ...